There are many steps in planning a web site. I would like to take you through the process.
- The first question is why do you need a web site? This is one question you must answer first and clearly before spending a penny to have your web site built.
- Create a business plan – this will take time, but it is extremely useful. The reason a business plan is useful, is because it becomes a blueprint of your business. This will provide the information about products and services for the keyword analysis. I think it is important to understand the cash flow forecast from the website as well.
- Select a Domain Name – Using your Main Keyword Phrase and develop many combinations of names that you would like to use. Then begin the task of checking if the domain is available. Network Solutions, Go Daddy and many other Domain registration sites are available to register a domain. You may find that your ideal domain may be taken.
- Locate a reputable web hosting company. This is a tough one, but speak with people whom have web sites to see if they are satisfied with the service they are getting. Pay for a yearly hosting plan – it can save some money. You may wish to get a SSL certificate that helps with Google’s Rankings algorithm .
- Who will build your web site? Will you undertake this task or is it easier to pay someone to create and maintain the web site. If you need a web designer, you are welcome to contact me.
- How will you market your web site? Will you spend the time to study how to market the web site or will you hire a search engine marketing company? Remember, people do not just show up once you build a web site. It’s not like the movie – “The Field of Dreams”, where they say “if you build it, they will come” – that is not going to happen. You need to spend the time to market a website like any other business.
- For more information about planning a website visit: http://www.smittysholdings.com/pages/How-to-plan-a-web-site.php
If wish to discuss Website Design and Internet Marketing, Let’s talk and I will be happy to provide a quote.
South Florida Web Design and Internet Marketing by Smitty’s Holdings